Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

No start issue

Thread: No start issue

Noobinator

Default No start issue

My earlier post, based on my wife's description, was incorrect. My '03 Forester has an occasional no-start problem (I thought it was no-crank). It cranks like crazy, but does not start. Resting for a minute seems to make the problem go away for a few days. Any suggestions?

crank or cam sensors or both. thats a start. these snsors tell the computer when to ad spark. if the sensors dont sync together engine will not start, but if one goes out while the engine is runnin it makes no diff, the problem is when you try to start again. check for loose connections

Noobinator

Quote Originally Posted by apsolus View Post
    crank or cam sensors or both. thats a start. these snsors tell the computer when to ad spark. if the sensors dont sync together engine will not start, but if one goes out while the engine is runnin it makes no diff, the problem is when you try to start again. check for loose connections
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll borrow an OBD code reader to verify, but assuming that it is bad sensor(s), can you give me some clue about where to find them and if it's an easy job. Much appreciated.

im not sure where they are, but there might be two cam sensors due to the boxer layout, near the heads. and the crank sensor will either be at the front or rear near the crankshaft, i dont know for sure but id def say its an easy job if you can get under the car