Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

CD Player Removal

Thread: CD Player Removal

Noobinator

Default CD Player Removal

I owe a 2010 impreza 2.5 and my son put a coin into the cd player slot. The coin is no longer visible. CDs go in and out, but display a "check disc" error. Also, the passenger side back speaker makes a noise now (i assume the coin is resting on a connection/wire that goes to that specific speaker. I have searched the net to look for instructions on how to remove the cd player itself, with no luck. I am trading this car in within a month for a legacy, and i do not want to lose money because of a coin (a nickel yet).

Thanks for the help!

Noobinator

Try this. It's a lot of work. But hopefully it will give you some suggestions.
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1399151
    Good Luck!!

Noobinator

Default thank you

thanks for the reply. i read the article first, then simply took a tiny flathead screwdriver into the top (between the rightside and middle tabs) and pushed down which unhooked the right tab completely and allowed me to remove the frame without issue and physical damage. I found 2 quarters and a nickel rattling around within the CD cage and then a penny lodged into the slot itself, which i used a butter knife with double sided tape to remove. all is well now............

Thanks again, truly appreciated!

Noobinator

Great to hear it worked!! Glad to help! God Bless.