Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2000 Legacy Outback Limited -- CAR WON"T SHIFT, WINDOWS & SUNROOF WON'T MOVE. ABS...

Thread: 2000 Legacy Outback Limited -- CAR WON"T SHIFT, WINDOWS & SUNROOF WON'T MOVE. ABS...

Noobinator

Default 2000 Legacy Outback Limited -- CAR WON"T SHIFT, WINDOWS & SUNROOF WON'T MOVE. ABS...

Help Please,

My 2000 Legacy Outback Limited with 160,000 km on it won't shift out of park. It was running fine until I parked it and shut it off. Now I can't shift the car, the windows won't roll down, the sunroof won't open, and the ABS light is on. The car starts fine but when I put my foot on the brake I don't hear the typical "click" under the dash. I assume that noise was a relay/interlock letting me shift the car. This is the first and only time this has happened. Has anyone come across this?

Thanks

Noobinator

does the engine light come on after you let it idle for awhile? you check for fuses or a relay that could be stuck on or off?

Noobinator

I keep blowing the fuse "15A BACK-ABS-(VDC)-(CRUISE)", which is located under the dash behind the change pocket. I thought perhaps the brake switch may be the problem but it checks fine. What is the VDC? I'm just guessing but I'm now wondering if perhaps I have a bad wire in the bundle going to the door. Perhaps years of opening and closing the door have weakened a wire??? Saying that I hope it's just a relay....

Noobinator

I have a 94 Impreza and the shift lock gets stuck sometimes. I drilled a hole in my gear shift cover and just use a pencil to push the lock when it sticks. It has worked fine doing that for a year. Its not worth paying the labor to go under and replace. it.

Suby Talker

Check the 3rd brake light on?

Noobinator

This happened to me a while back bro, i was freaking out dude! I'm sorry man, good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Noobinator

Good-luck! This never happened to me but i can only imagine how much that sucks.

Noobinator

I found the problem! The wiring harness going to the trunk lid got pinched by the hinge causing a short. I've since repaired the harness and all well! Yah!!!