Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

turbo 2000 advice

Thread: turbo 2000 advice

Noobinator

Default turbo 2000 advice

hi, ive just bought my 1st impreza turbo 2000 with 72000 miles, stamped service history upto 56000, 1st thing im going to do is get it serviced, but do i need to change any belts, also the drive is awsome with turbo really fast and smooth with no smoke but the odd time if i put my foot down hard in 1st and quick to 2nd turbo dosent seems to kick in, but if i drive it with a steady foot down it pulls like a train, advice please, i also expected the brakes to be really keen but they need a firm foot to stop, is this something else i need to get checked out, cheers all les

TSF Contributor

I would do belts. Be careful and reed up on how to do it, look for videos as well, it's tricky and easy to break things, I would look into spark plugs, wires, a good seafoam treatment, that will work wonders.

Noobinator

Quote Originally Posted by Monstersubie View Post
    I would do belts. Be careful and reed up on how to do it, look for videos as well, it's tricky and easy to break things, I would look into spark plugs, wires, a good seafoam treatment, that will work wonders.
    ok thanks, which belts would you suggest changing.

TSF Contributor

The accessory belts. Not timing. Don't do that until closer to 100k. Just inspect the belts. If there are a bunch of cracks, then change them.

Suby Talker

Its normal for your turbo to pull harder in 3rd gear then 1st or 2nd. If you think that there is a extra lag then check plugs. If you want the turbo to work harder in 1st and 2nd then up the boost.
    Racing Performance Motorsport
    5412 Bolsa Ave Unit #F
    Hunt. Bch. CA, 92649
    (714) 892-5757

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Noobinator

potential vaccume leak not an expert but i belive ive heard of this happeinng to my buddy not sure if its the same

TSF Contributor

If it's a leak it's a boost leak (pressure) not vacuum. And plugs aren't gonna change the "lag" of a turbo especially not a stock turbo, I'm only assuming it's stock, and it's possible that it has a boost limit in first, which I know for a fact the 06 does, not sure on the 2000, but again I assume they do since you hit a higher target boost in 2nd and 3rd.