Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
1991 loyale awd

Thread: 1991 loyale awd

Noobinator

Default 1991 loyale awd

I have the loyale awd hatchback, standard trans, and am having a problem starting the car. I belive it is either the ignition or the starter. What happens is this: when I turn the key, all the lights and electrical come on, but the engine does not turn over right away. If I keep trying to crank it it eventually starts right up. It is not the battery as I have had that checked. Sometimes when I turn the key the rpm gauge jumps around, but sometimes not. Once it starts it runs fine. If it is the starter, how hard is that to replace myself on this model? I have replaced the starter and alternator on an early 90's chevy pickup so I know something about this stuff, but have never worked with a subaru.

Noobinator

Ok update I took out the starter and cleaned it up, am now trying to put it back in but am having trouble getting the bolts to line up. Is there any trick to reattaching this thing?