Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Code Concerns

Thread: Code Concerns

Noobinator

Default Code Concerns

Im looking into buy a 06 wrx with some sti parts and a few other mods but the cel is on and im concerned about the codes. the codes are p2433 and p2431 which both deal with air flow. also the cruise blinks and i was told its cuz the engine power no longer matches up with the wheel speed.
    Are these anything to be concerned and are they easily fixable?
    Thanks.

TSF Contributor

First off, I know those codes (from my 06 Wrx) and those air injection codes are strictly emission. You can pass without them. A tuner can tune them out. Second, slap the shit out of the guy that told you that the cruise blinks because of power not matching the speed sensors...the cruise blinks because it is dissabled, it is disabled because you have a check engine light.

Noobinator

would a dealer be able to tune it inexpensively?

TSF Contributor

Unfortunately dealers don't tune. They will want you to throw loads of money at if to fix it. If you go to a dyno they can tune it. I recommend awdtuning.com those guys are amazing. If you have any other concerns I can answer any questions

Noobinator

heres the post an an email with the parts the car has.

Car is in great condition and well maintained, hate to see it go. Selling because i'm enlisting soon and i will have absolutely no time to drive it in the future. Has many after market parts and some extras that go with it including all of the stock parts. Since i've owned it I havent driven it in snow or rain. I'm asking 12 which is less than I owe on it, there's also no liens on the title. No trades. Since craigslist brings a sea of junk email i'm not going to bother listing everything. If you'd like to know more info just throw me an email with the title "interested" and ill send you one back with whatever you want to know. Have more pics and a parts list.

Yes, the car is still available. I could get some more pictures if you wanted... the parts...Blouch 18g turbo, Deatchwerks 750cc fuel injectors, 3'APS Tur. Inlet, STI topmount, Cobb Accessport, Walboro 255 Fuel Pump, TGV delete, secondary air system delete, boost controller, 3 gauges egt extemp, oil pressure and boost (currently not hooked up), STI wing, turboXS turbo back exhaust. Odds and ends are a brand new 3.5 turboXS muffler that comes with it (currently not installed), set of rally lights (front bumper 3 light deal, also not installed), painted headlights and brake calipers, flip up touch screen jensen cd deck, and all or most rather of the stock parts. Have the stock turbo, top mount, exhaust and such. The engine light blinks along with the cruise control but its just an engine code that needs to be cleared when its yearly tuned. Runs and looks fantastic, and ive never had a problem with it since ive had it. Anything else you wanna know just email me back. Thanks

what do you think?

TSF Contributor

Sounds slightly fishy. I'm gonna pm you my number so I can better explain. The Internet is giving me problems right now.

TSF Contributor

By the way, you could post on nasioc.com but a lot of people that chime in are COMPLETE ASSHOLES. just saying.