Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Head Gasket Leak in 2003 Forester 2.5X

Thread: Head Gasket Leak in 2003 Forester 2.5X

Noobinator

Default Head Gasket Leak in 2003 Forester 2.5X

I recently took my Forester into my trusted mechanic to get the water pump, timing belt, etc. replaced and he found that the head gaskets were leaking. I did some research to find that there is a recall on them called WP 99, but this only covers up to the 2002 model years. I did more digging to find that many 2003 2.5 X Forester owners have this same issue, so I called Subaru, they told me to take it to the dealer to have them inspect it to make sure it was indeed the head gaskets leaking, which I did and it was, and to call them back to see if they would cover it. They ran my VIN and told me that it wasn't covered under the recall (which I already knew it wasn't) so I asked the customer service rep if Subaru would give me a "Good faith repair" as I've been a loyal Subaru customer for 9 years. She in turn, VERY RUDELY I may add, asked me and I quote, "Explain to me how you are a loyal customer? Our loyal customers take their cars to the dealer to have them serviced." I was so offended by this comment I informed her that she was rude and that the service shop at the dealer was rude to me as well. I used to be a loyal Subaru customer (or so I thought but apparently according to her I am not) and am no longer a loyal Subaru customer. I really love my car except for the road noise and poor leg room in the back and would keep it till it died a horrible death, but not now. If this is the way Subaru treats their customers I want no part of it.
    Last edited by Yooper Girl; 04-08-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Noobinator

I found out today that my '03 forester needs head gaskets..I did my timing belt repair almost a year ago. Having a problem looking up head gasket issues on subaru's and finding the recall information

TSF Top Poster

Im sorry to hear you had a bad experience with that dealer, but dont blame Subaru. People are broken and tend to mistreat others when they are unhappy, thats all this was. There are so many people out there who are willing to do the right thing, we cant give up on Subaru for one persons mistake.