Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2008 Impreza WRX - Chip and Downpipe Recommendations Needed

Thread: 2008 Impreza WRX - Chip and Downpipe Recommendations Needed

Noobinator

Default 2008 Impreza WRX - Chip and Downpipe Recommendations Needed

I need your help and Recommendations! I'm trying to ge the best bang for my buck, spend as little money as possible, and need Recommendations on chips to use to enhance the HP on my car and/or are there any downpipes you recommend to use. I have not had any modifications done on my car and looking to make a first with noticeable results.

I appreciate any and all feedback.

FYI - looking to make this mod as early as this Friday.

Thanks!

Suby Talker

There are so many bolt-on mods. How much you looking to spend? If I was you I would do intake and turbo back exhaust with a COBb accessport. We do allot of Subarus here at RPM. I can help you choose the right parts. Intake I would use the K&N, or the Injen cold air, or Perrin cold air. Inlet pipe Perrin all the way, downpipe, Perrin or Invidia, but I think the greddy is better. Exhaust Greddy or HKS. Make sure you get something to tune the car as you do upgrades. I use the COBB accessport.
    Racing Performance Motorsport
    5412 Bolsa Ave Unit #F
    Hunt. Bch. CA, 92649
    (714) 892-5757

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TSF Contributor

Your stock airbox will flow good enough up to about 400 whp. Downpipe I have seen many people use many things, price is about the only difference, same with cat back, any Samco or Perrin style inlet works, I love my accessport but awdtuning.com makes great open source tunes as well. Look at the power you want vs how heavy your wallet is. Call REPUTABLE tuners and ask their opinions.

Suby Talker

Its true you will be able to use the factroy air box up to 400hp. We have found that at 400hp when we remove the factroy air box with a open type filter and heat shield like the K&N we dont make much more power, but we help with emliminating turbo lag. The turbo can boost harder faster. Along with a good boost controller like the HKS EVC you almost eliminate any turbo lag.
    5412 Bolsa Ave Unit #F
    Hunt. Bch. CA, 92649
    (714) 892-5757

TSF Contributor

There's not much lag in them at 400hp anyway...and a boost control solenoid is what helps with speed of spool...not a boost controller so much, that controls how much psi is put out. Just saying.

Suby Talker

The HKS EVC will spool up faster and not overboost like a manual adjusting controller. Look into it. It will raise boost faster!
    5412 Bolsa Ave Unit #F
    Hunt. Bch. CA, 92649
    (714) 892-5757

TSF Contributor

This is what hks says:

HKS' all-new EVC (Electronic Valve Controller) is the first boost controller to feature integrated CPUs in each component (Display Unit, Control Module, and Stepping Motor) for*more precise control, quicker response and improved boost pressure stability.* This race proven*system is available in kPa and PSI measurement and features an easy-to-read LCD panel that can be positioned separately from the control module for driver convenience.

Don't believe me? Website: http://www.hksusa.com/products/more.asp?id=1651

By the way, that means the unit is more responsive, any faster of a spool would be coincidental. So what's this mean to you? If your gonna buy an accessport, it would be dumb to buy this unit (because it's 600 more dollars). Why? Because let's say it does help with spool 300-500 rpm faster, by a grimmspeed ebcs for 100 dollars and get the same thing. The accessport will take care of any loose ends that remain such
    As having settings for Security, different boost targets, economy mode (which kicks ass!) cel/mil code readings, realtime computer readings, launch control, and even timing and idle adjustments...I'm sorry but the hKs won't touch that. Have a nice day.

Noobinator

I would use the K&N, or the Injen cold air, or Perrin cold air. Inlet pipe Perrin all the way, downpipe, Perrin or Invidia, but I think the greddy is better.

TSF Contributor

Go to rallysportdirect.com look at their products, read the reviews, some have video reviews if you want to hear the exhaust or bov's. Make your own decisions based on need and money situation.