Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2002 WRX Need help and advice with engine rebuild

Thread: 2002 WRX Need help and advice with engine rebuild

Noobinator

Default 2002 WRX Need help and advice with engine rebuild

Hi all, I just picked up an 2002 WRX with a blown motor. I just stopped in the shop thats rebuilding my motor. He said the cylinders dont look bad and the crank will need ground possibly but he has to mic it first. My question is if im rebuilding this motor with a crank and pistons and rods should i just put a 2.1 stroker kit in it? Honestly i want to keep the price down but if i can spend a few dollars more and tune it up then i will. Any and all advice would greatly be appreciated, Im not familiar with these cars as i am a bike guy. Also im looking for a rear bumper cover in blue if anyone knows of one.

Suby Talker

You can totaly add the strocker kit and make great power. If you do this I would use ARP studs for the head. If you trying to keep the cost down, just change the pistons with JE, swap the cams for JDM 2.0 cams and use ARP head studs. You will be able to push 18-20psi and should make around 350whp and around 350wtq. You should also change the clutch sence the motor will be out.
    Racing Performance Motorsport
    5412 Bolsa Ave Unit #F
    Hunt. Bch. CA, 92649
    (714) 892-5757

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Noobinator

Thank you very much for the info. I havent had any luck finding the JDM cam though. Can you tell me where to find it. thank you

Suby Talker

I dont know where you can find the JDM cams. When I did my 05 I had a set laying around the shop. We sell the Kelford racing cams for $800.00. They are way better the the JDM, but cost more. If you want to stay true JDM good luck.
    Racing Performance Motorsport
    5412 Bolsa Ave Unit #F
    Hunt. Bch. CA, 92649
    (714) 892-5757