Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2009 WRX Idling Issue

Thread: 2009 WRX Idling Issue

Noobinator

Post 2009 WRX Idling Issue

My WRX has 17.5K and about a year ago I noticed that occassionally when making a stop the RPM's jump up to 2500 for 5-10 seconds when the engine is cold or hot. I took the car to the dealership since it is still under warranty and they claimed that I needed to use name brand premium gasoline. I have done this and this still does not correct the occassional high idle. A mechanic suggested that the computer may need an upgrade but the dealer said there were none available. The mechanic also suggested an occassional fuel system cleaner be added to a tank full of gas. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

TSF Contributor

Yes. You do intact need to run premium, preferably without ethanol. Your car is drive by wire, as is mine, I took my throttle body completely off and cleaned it. You must take it completely off as this works the best.

Noobinator

Disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and re-connect, this could help the computer relearn proper idle.

Noobinator

check the gasket on your throttle body