Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2008 Impreza Warning Lights

Thread: 2008 Impreza Warning Lights

Noobinator

Unhappy 2008 Impreza Warning Lights

Here's my situation: Just bought a used 2008 Subaru Impreza from a reputable Subaru Dealership in New Hampshire late last month (6 days ago) that came with a CPO and less than 18k miles on it.

After 5 days of driving the traction control/VDC, hill assist and ABS warning lights come on and stay on for the duration of any journey I am taking and disable the use of the cruise control. I talked to the service department and they want to take a look at it this weekend. I am not sure what to do in this situation - I am almost ready to demand a refund and give the car back at this point.

Will this be an easy fix? Or will it be a problem that will always stay with the car?

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

could be as simple as a wheel speed sensor gone bad or unplugged. wow wish mine had all those bells and whistles

Noobinator

Let's just hope all those bells and whistles continue to work after taking it back to the dealer... So we'll see after today.

so? what was the prob?

Noobinator

It was a faulty brake sensor. They fixed it and didn't charge me for it. Since all three systems are inter-related if one goes bad they all show up as failing. But for now it's back to normal!

good,new cars suck like that. glad its fixed

TSF Top Poster

Quote Originally Posted by vianegativa85 View Post
    Here's my situation: Just bought a used 2008 Subaru Impreza from a reputable Subaru Dealership in New Hampshire late last month (6 days ago) that came with a CPO and less than 18k miles on it.

After 5 days of driving the traction control/VDC, hill assist and ABS warning lights come on and stay on for the duration of any journey I am taking and disable the use of the cruise control. I talked to the service department and they want to take a look at it this weekend. I am not sure what to do in this situation - I am almost ready to demand a refund and give the car back at this point.

Will this be an easy fix? Or will it be a problem that will always stay with the car?

Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!
    I have to agree that the problem lies in the brake sensor. I have encountered a similar situation where the ABS warning lights stay on.