Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Intense gasoline odor when it's cold outside

Thread: Intense gasoline odor when it's cold outside

Noobinator

Post Intense gasoline odor when it's cold outside

When we are below 35 degrees when I run the Heater for defrost or choose for the air to come into the car and not just recirculate, the gasoline fumes are so great you cannot leave the windows closed. So, sort of defeats the purpose when it's 20 degrees outside. Worse as it gets colder. Never noticed it before, but then again, I didn't drive it as much when I first got it in temps below 35. Any ideas as to what is happening and what I need to do? My mechanic - not the Subaru dealership - said, "It's a subaru thing." But, I can't breath.

First post, by the way! :-)

Noobinator

is it a wrx with an ej20, if it is there is a recall for the fuel lines under the intake.

Noobinator

No, 2002 Outback Wagon