Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

no sound

Thread: no sound

Noobinator

Default no sound

So I had to take my 98 legacy wagon in for some severe body work and after a pretty bad experience with the shop, which had previously been great to work with, my car was returned to me not only bone dry of gas and smelling heavily like spray paint, but with no sound coming out of the speakers. the receiver is working (i.e. lights flashing and such) and i took out the unit to make sure all the connections were good behind it; i also took off the door panel to make sure everything was good there and everything is as it should be.
    So the question is: does anyone know why else sound would not be coming out of the speakers? the shop said i could bring it back to them but i'd rather not for many reasons aside from that it's on the other side of town.
    thanks!

Noobinator

A section of the copper speaker wiring may have been damaged if they had to take off door panels. Is it a stock or aftermarket radio that you have in?

Suby Talker

I have no idea, perhaps a wiring issue

Noobinator

I use to have that problem and for me it was a connector on the passenger side door speaker was not connected properly. The head unit and the lights all came on and worked as normal but it didnt have sound, so check all of your speakers connectors and if it still dont fix your problem try connecting a different speaker to one of your back speakers and see if its geting any connection