Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

gas mileage on an RS

Thread: gas mileage on an RS

Noobinator

Default gas mileage on an RS

I'm looking for a fun car and really want AWD, but I need to get at least 30 mpg because I'm going to start commuting 80-100 miles per day. What kind of mileage does the RS get? Does 2 door vs. 4 door make a difference? Is the "rs" different from a regular impreza?

Lastly, what year RS could I get for $7k in California?

Thanks!

dont buy a subaru for gas milage. they just dont cut it. imho. i baby my 2.5 to the max. i have a 5speed i roll to lights hardly hitting the brake coasting to minimize speed variations, do the speed limit, keep it clean and empty inside and im running a warm air intake and ive never seen more than i belive 30. usually more like 28. this is about 35%city 65% highway. so if your only gonna be doing highway expect to see around 30 31ish, depending greatly on how you drive. like letting the car slow down up hills as opposed to hitting the gas to maintain speed, that sort of stuff. the awd really sucks down the gas, so if i were you i would look elsewhere if fuel economy is your main concern.

My guess is 2 door might, MIGHT, do better but it would be barely. The rs is 2.5 litre engine as opposed to a 2.2 litre but I can only speak for the first generation of imprezas because thats what i own and im familiar with. Mines a 2001 and its supposed to get 20 city 26 highway but its also an automatic so I can believe a standard would break 30 highway.