Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

New to the forum, hey all!

Thread: New to the forum, hey all!

Noobinator

Cool New to the forum, hey all!

Hey all, im amy and im new to the forum.... I have a 2008 red forester xt...i love it, shes a 5-spd soo super fun to drive and has a pimped stereo...all the better. I live in san antonio texas but am orginially from canada go flames

anywho, im looking to do some mods on my xt but im starting with a limited budget, im geared towards performance....ne recomendations where to start ?

Cheers,
    chickstriker

Noobinator

well cold air intakes usually run around 180 - 280 for maybe 5hp (the ratings that say 15+ usually has other mods that help the intake reach that) but on a stock vehicle you wont feel the different

full exhaust on ebay header - muffler (if you go non brand name and cheap) looks dont last long with snow, but your in texas so, shouldnt be too much of a problem with it rusting, those usually last up to 3yrs id say they can range up to $500? gain of 10-30hp?

mufflers and cat-backs are just noise

bov's aren't worth much on stock vehicle , just a noise and can make your car run too rich if not tuned

those are pretty much basic mods which most people start out with

obviously bigger things would include upgraded turbo, inj., etc. and be expensive

can prolly go on some sites like rallitek or cobb

just my 2 cents
    and welcome to the forum!
    Mike

Noobinator

Default Thanks mike!

Thanks for the 2 cents... i forgot to say that i have already done tge exhaust... I have sti exhaust on it

Noobinator

Oops i ment STI exhaust lol

Noobinator

Anyone know of a good Subaru parts site for this?

Noobinator

@chickstriker
    oh thats cool, you put it on yourself or it come with it? i used to have a STI cat-back on mine but then i went alittle bit bigger piping lol 3"

@seanmaguire
    yea some would be
    rallitek
    cobb
    subaruflat4performance (or something like that)
    cosworth (higher priced)

also here is a youtube vid of some common mistakes subaru owners make while upgrading their suby
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3zZyFCChP4

hope this helped at least alittle lol
    Mike