Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Turbos?

Thread: Turbos?

Noobinator

Default Turbos?

I have been talking to a guy on good ol' craigslist and he is selling his 02 impreza wrx with 141,075 miles on it for $5200. I was hoping to get peoples thoughts on this and if that sounds about right?

He says the struts need to be replace which shouldnt be a big deal
    but heres the real kicker he said his Turbo "goes off and on" and "doesnt feel it kicks in all the time when its suppose to. I was just wondering what could be wrong that would cause this? how much a repair would be? and if the car is even worth purchasing because i think it sounds like a good car and i have heard nothing but good things about it.

and help is appreciated
    Thanks again.

Noobinator

get a replacement turbo .. stock STi turbo or wrx turbo or upgrade. sounds like a good deal either way to me

Noobinator

my turbo is burning a little oil. i am in the process of putting in a t-3.

whats the popular turbo to install on a wrx?
    Oxen

Here is what i been up to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Noobinator

vf52 it will run nice

Noobinator

price sounds a bit much, to replace the struts coilovers are bout 1500, and as for the turbo you would def be safe putting a vf39 turbo which is a stock sti turbo

TSF Contributor

You should tune if you run a vf39

Suby Talker

I think it sounds like a good deal. You would want to upgrade the turbo anyway if you got the car. Plus who wants factory shocks. You know your going to lower it. Go for it. Its sounds like a good deal.
    Racing Performance Motorsport
    5412 Bolsa Ave Unit #F
    Hunt. Bch. CA, 92649
    (714) 892-5757

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TSF Contributor

my turbo is burning a little oil. i am in the process of putting in a t-3.

whats the popular turbo to install on a wrx?

.....your putting in a t-3? So all your putting is a flange?

Noobinator

stock STi turbo or wrx turbo or upgrade. sounds like a good deal either way to me

Noobinator

You would want to upgrade the turbo anyway if you got the car. Plus who wants factory shocks. You know your going to lower it.