Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2005 legacy outback brake lights fuse keeps blowing

Thread: 2005 legacy outback brake lights fuse keeps blowing

Noobinator

Default 2005 legacy outback brake lights fuse keeps blowing

Just replaced all the brake lights about a month ago and realized the fuse keeps blowing for them causing them to go out randomly. I have replaced the fuse several times now since it will randomly blow the fuse. I am wondering if there is a common problem that I could check that would cause the fuse to keep blowing. Could it be a bad relay, is there a certin spot on the car that the wires corrode, any suggestions would be much appreciated since I am new to working on subaru's but have been in the DSM world a couple of years now.

Noobinator

sounds like a short to ground. do you have a wiring diagram?

Noobinator

I wish I had a diagram, I checked the wires running from the brake lights into the car but that was as far as I got because I have no idea where the wire runs.