Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Improve Gas Mileage - 2007 Impreza

Thread: Improve Gas Mileage - 2007 Impreza

Arrow Improve Gas Mileage - 2007 Impreza

Since I didnt see a thread stricly for Impreza's, I came here...I just picked up a 2007 Subaru Impreza SportWagon...its an Automatic Tranny (go ahead, laugh, haha)...Im just trying to find out if there is anything I could do (cold air intake, fuel remapping, etc) that would improve the gas mileage and still keep the car feeling quick. I've looked at the K & N's which promise increased HP and apparently a better MPG - anyone have experience (and real world results) with something like this? Thanks in advance!

Noobinator

get remapping .. i have herd from friends it helps and you can map it for speed 2

TSF Contributor

Is it a base impreza? Or is it Wrx? If the car is a base, your stock tune is fine, it's written for mileage and emissions, leave it alone and learn how to drive it accordingly. After you have done that cold air, good cone filter, and a slightly free exhaust helps, plus preventative stuff like plugs, and the occasional cleaning of parts.

Suby Talker

There a few tricks to getting better mpg. There are performance parts to make hp, and there are parts to improve emissions and mpg. We offer 4 stages of ECO parts and tuning. I cant give away all the tricks, but getting more air in and larger spark is a must.
    Racing Performance Motorsport
    5412 Bolsa Ave Unit #F
    Hunt. Bch. CA, 92649
    (714) 892-5757

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Noobinator

keep your tires pumped up i think it can affect gas milage buy up to or more then ten percent also regulare oil changes other than that havea light right foot

Noobinator

+1 for tyre pressure. The only addition to that is experiment with different pressure because I have found different tyres respond noticeably different. Some get best fuel economy near/at the max while others don't get any noticeable change above a certain pressure. Find the point when fuel economy doesn't improve enough to justify the increased harsh ride.

I bought myself a K&N air filter OEM style (not pod). I know is talks about improved fuel economy and throttle response. Throttle response (especially light inputs) are slightly noticeable (and enjoyed) and that the 'less inputs' would/do allow the car to increase momentum with less dramatic revs BUT I do find it more tempting to use the 'increased' response. One thing is for sure, I haven't noticed/experienced any obvious change in fuel consumption. IMHO you/I get (slight but noticeable) improved response with NO negatives in fuel so I keep using it. Only replacing it with the OEM filter when the car is taken in for service.

Cheers
    Laurie

Noobinator

reflash, will help ur mpg

Noobinator

re map FTW !!!!