Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Legacy Twin Turbo 2.0 manual 1996 WON'T START!!!

Thread: Legacy Twin Turbo 2.0 manual 1996 WON'T START!!!

Noobinator

Default Legacy Twin Turbo 2.0 manual 1996 WON'T START!!!

My Legacy Twin Turbo 2.0 manual 1996 WON'T START!!! and I really need it in the next couple of weeks. The battery is fully charged and the starter seems to be ok cos it's revolving and turns the crank shaft however there is no ignition. What are the possible most common reasons? Ignition coil? Spark plugs? How can I find out what is wrong?
    Thanks for you help!

Suby Talker

A problem with the ignition coil could be most likely, as I have encountered a similar situation such as this. I replaced it with a hitachi ignition coil and the problem was solved in no time.

Noobinator

Quote Originally Posted by justinowell View Post
    A problem with the ignition coil could be most likely, as I have encountered a similar situation such as this. I replaced it with a hitachi ignition coil and the problem was solved in no time.
    Thanks for your input. I had solved the problem a few days after it occurred. When we put back the engine in we accidentally swapped the wires to the plugs on both sides - they looked almost the same. Then the car started, but the pistons were moving in the opposite direction! We needed to call a Subaru guy to fix the problem. By the way I think that Subi didn't have an ignition coil. I reckon it was the ignition on plugs design. Cheers

Noobinator

Quote Originally Posted by justinowell View Post
    Thanks for your input. I had solved the problem a few days after it occurred. When we put back the engine in we accidentally swapped the wires to the plugs on both sides - they looked almost the same. Then the car started, but the pistons were moving in the opposite direction! We needed to call a Subaru guy to fix the problem. By the way I think that Subi didn't have an ignition coil. I reckon it was the ignition on plugs design. Cheers