Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

1999 subaru legacy outback auto-trans bad 1st gear

Thread: 1999 subaru legacy outback auto-trans bad 1st gear

Noobinator

Default 1999 subaru legacy outback auto-trans bad 1st gear

I have a 1999 Subaru Legacy Outback Wagon with an automatic transmission, it runs great aside from being really difficult to get into first gear, like when leaving a stop light. It seems to drop into neutral when I stop then I have to rev it (while holding the brake so it doesn't jerk) until it seems to find first gear and I can pull away. It doesn't always drop out, maybe half the time I decelerate to near a stop. Any ideas on what I could do? I'm hoping not to replace the transmission..and its still pretty drivable I just hope I'm not doing more damage by driving it.

Noobinator

Default Shifting problem

Wondered if you ever figured out what the problem was? I have a 99 Legacy 2.5 GT 30th anniversy, and it has the same issue. When I go from Park to 1st it hesitates....I have to give it gas while holding the break and then I get a jerk. It only does it from park to 1st..not from neutral. It's a real pain when in a parking lot. Just wondering if you found any solution.

Noobinator

No, never did. It was going to need a new transmission to fix the problem, and I never felt like putting the money into it. Eventually a few other problems added up and it was time to donate the car.
    The transmission never did get worse...for over 2 years. Just really annoying

Just a note I never actually put mine in park for this to happen always on (D).