Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Car blowing white smoke on morning start up!

Thread: Car blowing white smoke on morning start up!

Default Car blowing white smoke on morning start up!

Not certain but car is blowing white smoke when being warmed up each morning. Worse after recent oil change. Can smell the oil! Never owned a turbo but pretty sure rings are shot or, maybe turbo needs to be rebuilt, cause car dosen't smoke entire duration of the drive. Anyways I figure I'll have a comp. test done if comp. is good then I'll have turbo looked at, or order a rebuilt!! If Comp. is bad I'll order a rebuilt engine with a warrenty in the spring or whenever the car dies!!!
    Last edited by Wplocal; 10-31-2010 at 11:12 PM.
    It's not a car, it's an extension of my foot!!!

Noobinator

Do you have a compression test? Do a test on all cylinders.

Yeah will probably wait and do in spring! I'll have more $ then to rebuild engine if needed! It's still running now and the only car I gots 4 now till body work is done on other car!

Noobinator

why buy a rebuild engine if you don't have to? sounds like the notorious head gasket issues. google "white smoke car" and read the wiki article. how is the car now?? I see you posted in Oct

Good to know I'll look into that also. The engine has 270,000 miles (rings only last so long also so I just figured). Honestly this car will probably get driven till it dies and go to the junk yard or sold to some who needs/wants this model and year.I know I don't! It's kinda a piece of shit and the gears are way to short. Stupid short. My 96 infiniti G20 goes as fast in 1st (45 mph) as this dose in 2nd gear without a turbo, is a much better made car and I can find plenty of performance parts by numerous makers with ease! The only thing I've found for this car is a clutch a alum.fly. Also I'm not going to frankenstien engines from another subie to get what I need for power! That is just plain stupid to have to do that! Also this engine is just a pain in the ass to work on, (there is no room in the engine comp), and I'm a small guy. The only good thing is the AWD and that's not even that grand compared the Land Rover Disco (another piece of shit vech.) I previously owned! So I'm sure this car will just be to beat the shit out in the winter till it's dead sold or salvaged. And I'll keep my nice car (my infiniti).

Noobinator

Well said Wplocal. Well said.

Noobinator

ehh, I think it's a great car (at least the 98 legacy outback) but depends on what you want. I don't think it's the rings because the smoke would be gray or blue. oh well. whatever

Sorry! What I'm saying is it has been rode hard in the years before I knew the car! I'm sure it's was once a great car. WOT shifting from first to second the rear end slams pretty hard, on top of the smoke and the crapy gear ratio. But the car dose still cruise fine and the turbo dose still work. It just not a fixer upper for me. But I'm sure someone will be stoked when I do sell it this spring! Someone looking for one of thse cars or a ej22t project! The body is in good shape and someone who knows these engines can do something with I'm sure. And if anything the turbo has inspired me to put the lsd tranny in my nissan and buy a turbo kit!