Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
2.5 Blown Engine

Thread: 2.5 Blown Engine

Noobinator

Default 2.5 Blown Engine

Hello Guys,

I bought a 04 2.5rs with a blown engine. Looks like it has a spun rod bearing and its leaking coolant. I found a replacement engine for a good price with very low km. Would you guys have some tutorials? I have done swaps in the past so I don't think it will be an issue, but never worked on subaru's before...

Noobinator

the engine is easy to pull.

the wire harness isnt a big deal either.

un bolt the power steering and the ac compressor and pull it out.

if its a 5 speed take a look at the clutch would be worth it to replace while the engine is out if its worn.

also check the valve cover gaskets and rear main seal before you install the new motor. and save some time on some oil leaks.
    Oxen

Here is what i been up to:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.