Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

? on a Catted Down Pipe

Thread: ? on a Catted Down Pipe

Noobinator

Default ? on a Catted Down Pipe

I am trying to order a downpipe and i was told to order a catted down pipe to prevent turbo creep, but if i was to put a resinator inline just after the downpipe instead of just open pipe to the muffler would that help instead of a catted down pipe?
    Last edited by cbegf; 10-22-2010 at 10:20 AM.

Noobinator

I wouldn't suggest putting on a modified downpipe without an ecu re-tune. I got a cobb accessport, put on the invidia catless uppipe and downpipe, and tuned it to their stage 2 (which matches those upgrades). The car runs unbelievable and it passes inspection without a problem.

TSF Contributor

You can run a downpipe without a tune, yes a non-catted down pipe CAN cause boost creep, but so can a catted, its the overall size of the down pipe, not necessarily being catted or not.

Suby Talker

They are both correct. I have seen people run downpipes with no tuning, but you will see much greater results with a tune. Regarding catted or not. I think its a waste of money purchasing a catted down pipe. After you make some more power you will blow threw the cat. It will become hollow after a couple of years. Just get a catless pipe and keep the factory downpipe for smog.
    Racing Performance Motorsport
    5412 Bolsa Ave Unit #F
    Hunt. Bch. CA, 92649
    (714) 892-5757

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.