Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
newbie, shopping

Thread: newbie, shopping

Noobinator

Default newbie, shopping

Hi all

Completely new to the Subaru brand and do not yet own one.

A dealer that sold me my current car has a 2004 Subaru Outback wagon (I want to trade my car in to him for something different that can reasonably hold a family of four, two child seats, etc.)

First, is this the place to post about the Outback? Not familiar with the model naming and there's no Outback forum, but I recall seeing "Legacy Outback" many times on auto sites when trying to dig up info on these cars so I made an assumption. I did some searching on the forums first so I think I'm in the right place.

On this 2004 outback wagon, the dealer doesn't see a "trim level" per se, but he knows it has leather, power seats, and has a 4 cylinder engine. When I go to, say, MSN autos, it says that traction control is N/A on the lower level trims but "Std" on certain trims with the H6 3.0 engine. My question: since all of these cars have the same AWD system, why wouldn't they all have traction control? If someone is an owner of a 4-cyl Outback wagon and can confirm that MSN Autos simply doesn't have it right that'd be a huge help. If the 04's didn't all have traction control, it's sort of a deal breaker for me because I consider it an important safety feature.

Noobinator

Hey. I am new here as well and do not own a Subaru..yet. I've been checking out the new 2011 Subaru Legacy and been shopping around. Any opinions if this is a good deal or not?

http://www.yarksubaru.net/vehicle/specs/subaru/legacy/2011/vin/4S3BMCA60B3232911

The main things I am looking for is fuel-economy, good price. Is it a better choice, then lets say a Camry?