Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2007 impreza speakers

Thread: 2007 impreza speakers

Noobinator

Default 2007 impreza speakers

The sound coming out of the stock speakers is terrible and I'm looking at some aftermarket sets.

After googling the topic, I've found that you have to reuse the spacer thats "permanently" fixed to the oem speaker?
    any truth to that? and how easy is this to separate?

And if so, what are the chances of this ring breaking and needing to get new ones anyway?

I'm looking to replace both front and rear speakers now and gonna worry about the head unit later on. I just cant stand the lack of clarity in these stock speakers.
    I'm thinking alpine or infinity, I like both, not sure which i'll go with.

but whats the word on those spacers? if anyone is done this themselves that would be helpful.

thanks.

Noobinator

Originally, I came to this thread looking for spokesman about the Impreza... maybe adjusting the titles of your posts will help get appropriate responses.
    Just a friendly note

TSF Contributor

i used memphis speakers, im pretty sure i didnt reuse the ring but i may have. its a good decision not to destroy the old ones before the install just in case.