Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Help with my Outback

Thread: Help with my Outback

Noobinator

Default Help with my Outback

On occasion, I noticed that when I drive at stop and go traffic my car would stop blowing air and start to heat up but not too much. Then one morning as I was driving to school, it overheated and went all the way to the top and when I reached a stop light, my car started blowing out white smoke from the exhaust. After filling up my coolant reservoir, I checked the next afternoon if the coolant was still there and it was completely gone. I turned the engine on after refilling it and noticed that the fan under the hood wasn't turning/working. I currently am a college student in Tennessee and my parents live across the country so I am hoping someone can help me out and tell me what exactly is going on, what I have to do to fix it, and the cheapest way to go about that since I'm a typical broke college student

Noobinator

maybe blown head gasget

Suby Talker

Almost definitely a blown head gasket, caused by the fans not coming on. White smoke is actually steam from the coolant turning to steam as it passes through the combustion chamber.

Try pulling all the spark plugs out and have a buddy crank the engine while you watch for water coming out of the plug holes. Be sure to disconnect the connector that powers the coil pack while doing this to prevent damage to the pack.