Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

PLEASE HELP Roof Rack for 01' 2Dr 2.5RS

Thread: PLEASE HELP Roof Rack for 01' 2Dr 2.5RS

Noobinator

Default PLEASE HELP Roof Rack for 01' 2Dr 2.5RS

Hello All, I am new here and looking for info on a roof rack system for my 01' 2Dr RS 2.5. Can you folks tell me what roof racks can be used on this car? Also my main concern is the way that the rack attaches to the vehicle...does it clamp onto the plastic side strip or is there a better way to anchor the rack to the roof. I am looking at the roof of my car and see the plastic sort of insert strip closer to the actual roof and I am getting some ideas about that but the only way I have seen racks "want" to go onto this car is using that plastic outer strip....which scares me. On the 2Dr there really isnt much to anchor to...or so it seems. I am ready to start rigging something up. Can you guys enlighten me? Or show me pics of your racks on a 2Dr Please? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You sound like you need a yakima rack (if i spelled that right). They are car specific and do not damage the vehicle. On the downside, they are expensive. I would look for one on ebay or craigslist if price is a problem.

Noobinator

Thanks I will look into that. However I still dont see how they would attach the rack to the roof. I am leery of using the plastic "drip edge" on the car....in fact I want to avoid that method all together. Thanks again....will let you know what I come up with.