Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Short Ram or Cold Air

Thread: Short Ram or Cold Air

Noobinator

Default Short Ram or Cold Air

I just picked up an 01 impreza rs and am looking to install an intake. Not sure what works better with the 2.5 boxer engine. Any ideas?

TSF Contributor

^^^Where do you live? Cause if you live in a very moist area or its rainy alot. You dong wanna go cold air because it can get to the motor and thats a no bueno. I could be wrong. I have an HKS intake for my 06 STi and it works wonderful.

personally i dont think either one is worth doing. the short ram is only gonna make things worse by sucking up hot under hood air. and the cold air induction is gonna kill intake velocity. i used to run a dyno and a bone stock rsx pulled around 160 the the wheels well another one same car just an after market intake only pulled 140 horse! the engine will only use as much air as it can so the only way to make an intake system work is to do engine mods. why not try a kn filter instead? my 2 cents