Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

'00 Impreza outback sport stalled while driving

Thread: '00 Impreza outback sport stalled while driving

Noobinator

Exclamation '00 Impreza outback sport stalled while driving

i have a 2000 impreza outback sport and while my girlfriend was driving it, it cut out in the middle of the road, and wouldnt start. One person told me it seemed like its a timing belt issue, and another person said it might be the fuel pump. how do i troubleshoot the problem and figure out what it is? It still turns over when the key is turned, but will not start.

TSF Contributor

I think you can check the belt alot quicker than the fuel pump. Try to look at the belt and inspect it. But in my opinion it sounds like its the fuel pump. Let us know what happend.
    Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner, forty-two losers. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning. - Cars

Noobinator

I've already ruled out the fuel pump. I unhooked the fuel line just past the fuel filter and when I turn the key the pump kicks on and fuel comes out. The timing belt is not as easy to check, it is housed behind the other belts and the pulleys need to comee off to take the cover off