Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

1999 Subaru Outback Legacy Wagon - 26,000 miles

Thread: 1999 Subaru Outback Legacy Wagon - 26,000 miles

Noobinator

Default 1999 Subaru Outback Legacy Wagon - 26,000 miles

I have a question for the forum: I just came into possession of a 1999 Subaru Outback Legacy Wagon (silver), automatic, with only 26,000 miles on it. There is a scratch on the passenger side of the hood and a scratch on drivers side bumper. I am trying to gauge the resale value of this vehicle since no other vehicles with this low of mileage are on the net. Don't worry I have checked KBB. All basic features and cd player. Interior in great shape. I appreciate the feedback.

Noobinator

Default Quite a find!

A 12 year old car with the mileage of a 2 year old car is quite a find. The only downside is some parts like seals and gaskets generally deteriorate over time rather than by mileage. It would also help your price if you could explain why the mileage is so low. I say advertise a very high price and see what happens. Best of luck.

TSF Contributor

^^^I would completely agree... Gaskets and seals do wear out over time rather than mileage. And do please state why so low mileage? Thanks.

Noobinator

I have no explanation to why the mileage is so low other than the original owners did not drive much (at all). Title states that they bought at 1300 miles and odometer and maintenance records all connect to vehicle having 26000 original miles.

Noobinator

Default Mods

So, I am going to keep the Subaru afterall and become an official owner for the first time. I am interested in Mods and also improving the sound system. Any suggestions? I see tons of stuff on Ebay, but since I am new to improving vehicles, do you have any insight? I would like to improve MPG and the sound system. Standard maintenance is all up to date.