Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

what can you tell me about turbocharging?

Thread: what can you tell me about turbocharging?

Noobinator

Default what can you tell me about turbocharging?

I commute about an hour to and from work every day, so I am not looking for a performance/competitive sport grade charger. I'm just seeking something that will make me quicker and more efficient on the highway. Not exactly sure where to start my search, so any suggestions would be wonderful. I drive a '99 Legacy GT 2.5 Limited 30th Ani, which I plan to keep as long as possible. On a budget of about $500, what kind of equipment might I be able to procure in order to soup up my car, and where are the best places to shop for such items? How does one determine the best charger for a specific car. What have some of you found to be successful when doing work on your cars?

ty

TSF Contributor

Well I dont think you will get a turbo for under 500 but GLW your find.

Noobinator

budgetary issues aside, from what i have read so far most turbos can be installed with relative ease (by a skilled mechanic of course). it is also common for people to upgrade their entire exhaust systems for better performance. should i chose to make modifications, a new exhaust would probably come first, and then a turbocharger in the future, as i am still working with factory ordered parts. next question, where do you like to shop? i've ordered a few items from partsgeek and have a few gearheads that know where to search around, but that's about it