Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

front wheel bearings

Thread: front wheel bearings

Noobinator

Default front wheel bearings

I got a price on replacing the front wheel bearings on my legacy $500. I thought that was kinda high. Why so much? How bad of a job is it

I would say around $250-300, that is a little high. I would find a foreign shop in your town, they tend to be cheaper. Or search to find a better price anyway.

Noobinator

I have found that 450-500 is about the going rate for the dealer to do them. I have had local shops and buddies do them because I do not have a press and I am cheap, and they do not last. I have got 150K+ and counting out of the dealer jobs so I let them do it.

The cheaper bearing jobs I have had done have lasted from 20-60K, I am not sure why this happens, but now I pay the extra.

Noobinator

local napa did them for $126 a side it took me less than an hour to tear em off and throw them on. They were a lot easier than I figured.

TSF Top Poster

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by tbart16 View Post
    I got a price on replacing the front wheel bearing on my legacy $500. I thought that was kinda high. Why so much? How bad of a job is it

Replacing wheel bearings can vary from car to car. Suppose you would like to do a front wheel bearing replacement alone, expect a range of $40 to $400 for a single bearing. Expect labor costs to range from $70 to $150. So, the cost of the wheel bearing replacement along with labor should range from $110 to $550. An hour of labor is usually involved, nevertheless, this shouldn't be reason why you should pay an expensive price. I think $500 is pretty expensive for a Subaru Legacy.