Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Subaru recalling nearly 74,000 2010 Outback and Legacy models over wiring issue

Thread: Subaru recalling nearly 74,000 2010 Outback and Legacy models over wiring issue

Default Subaru recalling nearly 74,000 2010 Outback and Legacy models over wiring issue

Filed under: Sedan, Wagon, Recalls, Safety, Crossover, Subaru

2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT - click above for high-res gallery

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Subaru is recalling 74,000 2010 Outback and Legacy models built between February 16, 2009 and April 12, 2010. It seems that a bundle of wires located behind the steering wheel can develop stress cracks and eventually break. If this happens, some vehicle functions with controls on the steering wheel - such as the horn, cruise and radio controls, paddle shifters and even the driver's airbag - could fail.

Owners of affected vehicles are urged to contact their local dealerships to see if their cars are equipped with a possibly defective steering roll connector. If so, the dealership will replace the component free of charge. Earlier this year, Subaru recalled roughly 30,000 Outback and Legacy models for a leaky CVT transmission hose.

Full details on this latest recall can be found after the break.

Gallery: Long Term: 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT

[Source: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration]Continue reading Subaru recalling nearly 74,000 2010 Outback and Legacy models over wiring issue

Subaru recalling nearly 74,000 2010 Outback and Legacy models over wiring issue originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

Noobinator

Default Bummer..

I really feel for any one who has to go through the recall process. This happened to my moms Toyota during that whole blow up. 2009-10, This is the first time I've been happy about having the 2008 Legacy, instead of drooling over that spiffy 2010 like usual. Hang tough guys I'm sure subaru will fix this, doesn't sound all that serious/difficult. Unlike sticky gas pedals plowing people into stuff, now that's dangerous.