Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Thinking of Buying

Thread: Thinking of Buying

Noobinator

Default Thinking of Buying

Hi all

Im considering purchasing a 03 Subaru Forester 2,0 petrol XT Turbo (114k Km)

Due to the heavy snow conditions here in Norway my BMW is an absolute pain in the A*?# when winter rolls in.

Is there anything I should look out for....Common Faults etc! Im well aware all major manufacturers have their faults so I wont be spooked. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Dean

Suby Talker

Just common sense stuff. Check the rubber boots on the front and rear drive shafts, Also check the top of the fuel filler neck (the top of the pipe where the fuel goes in) it gets rusty just below the cap. You have to remove the cover by the rear wheel and look at it. It and the valve can be replace for about $150 US if you are handy. Check for oil leaks and look for rust and corrosion under the hood and under the rst of the car. The timing belt needs to be changed at 105,000 miles but you have about 65,000 K to go.