Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
'93 Automatic Seat Belt Broken- Repair help

Thread: '93 Automatic Seat Belt Broken- Repair help

HunterAK

Default '93 Automatic Seat Belt Broken- Repair help

The automatic track in the driver's side seat belt of my 1993 Legacy broke. The cable looks damaged slightly but I feel like I could put it back together. Looking for some guidance. Anyone ever done this repair or could anyone point me to somewhere on the net that provides some instruction?

Thanks....

I've done a rabbit track seatbelt on a 94 Legacy. You just need to pull all the trim pieces on the driver's side, unbolt the seatbelt mechanism and disconnect the wiring harness. I pulled a used unit from a junkyard car (the dealer won't sell you "safety items" unless they install it themselves so I was told) and popped it in. Takes about 1 hr to disassemble and re-assemble. An easy job.
    Retired USN
    94 Subaru Legacy L (RIP); 09 Subaru Forester; 98 Ford Contour GL+; 97 Dodge Ram 1500