Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Just got a 05 2.5 LGT

Thread: Just got a 05 2.5 LGT

Noobinator

Default Just got a 05 2.5 LGT

So... I just got a 05 2.5 lgt with about 110k miles what should I do first?

Noobinator

Quote Originally Posted by xXxGYMKHANAxXx View Post
    So... I just got a 05 2.5 lgt with about 110k miles what should I do first?
    Just go for a ride and enjoy

Noobinator

i just got an 06 and i put a boost controller, cold air intake, and a greedy bov. all of it is helping but the bov is making my car stall at low rpm sum times.

Noobinator

Quote Originally Posted by 06legacyltd View Post
    i just got an 06 and i put a boost controller, cold air intake, and a greedy bov. all of it is helping but the bov is making my car stall at low rpm sum times.
    did you tune the car since you put the cold air and the BOV on? it should help with the stalling.

Noobinator

Congrats on the car

Noobinator

Unless you are prepared to spend big bucks, the most i would do is a K&N and sway bars, better tires.
    Souping up a car with over 100K on it is like souping up your Grandmother.... somethings gotta give!

Noobinator

Congrats on the Subie! Keep mods to a minimum because you'll want to save your money for a rainy day because it is bound to come soon at that mileage. Sea Foam Motor Treatment is good, K&N filters and other things to help the engine run clean and efficient are definitely what you should concentrate on. Good luck and enjoy.

Suby Talker

awesome mate, congratulations!

Noobinator

Just bought an '06 with near 100K. Good tips! Thanks and congrats on your purchase!

Noobinator

I just bought my first Subie on Feb 1st, an 03' Outback with 78K, two months later I already have 85K on it! A few trips to the snow by me and a few by my two oldest kids. Love this car. I bought it for $7500 and then sold my 04' Corolla for $7000 with 86K. Nice upgrade and car flip.

I just plan to do regular oil changes every 5K, tire rotations every 7.5K and shop maintenance services every 15K. I have an awesome independent mechanic that works on all our Japanese cars (Toyotas and now a Subie!). I have receipts from PO that had all his services done at the Stealership.

Great car for the snow, surfing, trips to the hardware store...love it.

--Hugh

Noobinator

Sea Foam Motor Treatment is good, K&N filters and other things to help the engine run clean and efficient are definitely what you should concentrate on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Noobinator

Congrats and enjoy!

Noobinator

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberries View Post
    Sea Foam Motor Treatment is good, K&N filters and other things to help the engine run clean and efficient are definitely what you should concentrate on.
    Thanks for the advice, but I am not a fan of Sea Foam additive. I tried using it to reduce deposits for the throttle body build up of our Toyota minivan and it didn't work. Some cars are prone to it and others are not.

I do use Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner every 15,000 miles but they recommend to use it every 3,000 miles, but I consider that a waste of money. Instead, all my gas cars get a dose 1 time/year.

I have a K&N air filter on my diesel truck, but not on my daily drivers. Disposable paper filters make more sense to me. My Subie is getting 28-29 mpg on highway road trips.

--Hugh

Noobinator

great ,congrats ,lucky dog......

Noobinator

Unless you are able to absorb big bucks, the a lot of i would do is a K&N and amplitude confined, bigger tires.
    Souping up a car with over 100K on it is like souping up your Grandmother.... somethings gotta accord!