Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

92 wagon starter relay????

Thread: 92 wagon starter relay????

Noobinator

Default 92 wagon starter relay????

So my little suby wouldnt start the other day. It has 250k+ on the orig starter so I figured it's time was up. I installed a new starter but no luck.
    The engine starts and runs fine with a jumper wire from the battery to the starter so I figure its eather the clutch or relay issue. I bypassed the clutch switch so thats not it. So I'm left with the starter solenoid. My manual and chiltins dont spesify where it is located. I have dug around in the dash and have not found a relay that is getting sinal voltage from the key.
    That can only mean 2 things..1 I have not found the starter relay or 2 The ignition swicth has failed. So does anyone know the location of that pesky relay???

Noobinator

So I ohmed out the harness and found the relay. The relay is good so that leaves me with the ignition or other..... I dont have a wire diagram so I'm not sure if there is any ECU input into this system. So for now I will use a rocker switch. Any of yall have any bright ideas?

Noobinator

This great video, thank you for sharing them. I will return to post the video on this forum and you'll find them great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.