Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Does Anyone Else Own an Impreza Outback Sport?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Else Own an Impreza Outback Sport?

Noobinator

Question Does Anyone Else Own an Impreza Outback Sport?

I've got a 2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport, and I'm trying to find other people with one too...but so far no luck. Anyone?

Noobinator

Default 2010 Impreza Outback Sport

I purchased a new 2010 Scoob 2010 Impreza Outback Sport in February.

It's black.

I love it. Got it mostly so I could get around in the snow in winter, but it handles great in the rain too!

Noobinator

Default Cool!

I got my in Feb too. It's black as well. I love it. And I pretty much got it for the same reason as you...to get around in the snow. Plus it holds my bike and my kayak at the same time. You're the first person that I've heard back from on this forum, having an outback sport.

Noobinator

Yep, I have one too. Mine is an 09 - sage green. Currently sitting in my drive unlicensed and untitled.

Noobinator

Default Noob

I am a Subaru noobie. I had never, ever tho't I would own a Subaru. Just picked up a 2010 Impreza Outback Sport...two-tone...Newport Blue and silver.
    I absolutely LOVE it ! I have never posted on a forum before, so I am a double-cherry. The car is much more than I tho't. Got a new job and needed better mpg. In mixed driving I'm getting 30-31 mpg !!!

Noobinator

Zaskarmark,

How are you getting 30mpg? I'm averaging 22-24 and I have a manual transmission. I drive highway as well. Let me know.

Thanks!

Noobinator

Default mpg

Got a new job and needed better mpg. In mixed driving I'm getting 30-31 mpg !
    That's impressive. For highway mileage, Subie literature indicates 26 mpg for the auto and 27 mpg for the stick.

dibbasota and zaskarmark, in what states are you located? I'm in Illinois.

Noobinator

Default Mgp

Yeah, I don't know how he's getting 30 MGP. I get about 24 MGP city, and between 26 and 27 MPG Hwy with the cruise control on.

Noobinator

Default Mpg

Hey folks,
    I have no idea why I'm getting 30mpg. I do drive very conservativly.
    Shifting before 2500rpm. I drive from the western mtns of Maine into
    Portland to work every day; 50mi. one way. My mpg is thru' math calculation,
    not the car computer. All I can tell you, is I love it after 13-15mpg
    in my F150.

Noobinator

I'm in Missouri. I typically shift between 3500 and 4000 rpm. Maybe that's my problem.

Noobinator

Default mpg

Well, I don't doubt your math Zaskarmark, but it'd be interesting to know how your car's computer mileage estimates compares to your mileage estimates.
    I'll check my mileage once I start driving her.

So all you folks have the 5-speed? That's what I wanted to get. The one good thing about the auto is that I can get a remote start put in which will be nice when my car has been sitting out all night or day in the frigid winter temps.

Noobinator

dibbasota,

Maybe, if most of your driving is city. Give it a whirl and shift sooner...

Noobinator

Default mpg's

I got a five-speed in mine. My comp.'s estimate is within 1/2 mpg of my calculations. I'm just a surprised as anyone else at my mpg's. But, don't look a gift horse....
    ...on another note, I just put OEM splash guards and blue foot lights on today. I've never tricked any vehicle I've ever owned before...mid-life crisis...nahhh...
    Suby Fever...

Noobinator

Default mpg

zaskarmark wrote:
    ...on another note, I just put OEM splash guards and blue foot lights on today.

So what exactly are "foot lights"?? Fog lights

My only mods will be a much needed stereo upgrade.

Noobinator

I think the foot light are just that...the light underneath near the brakes where your feet are.

No joke, the stereo is awful. 10 speakers???...a total joke.

Noobinator

Oh okay, so in other words foot lights = ambient lighting. I was surprised to find out that our head unit is actually made by Clarion but the sound qualiy stil leaves alot to be desired. I think a good set of component speakers up front and probably an amp will do wonders...

Noobinator

Screamin', if and when you do upgrade your speakers, let us know how it sounds. I am seriously considering upgrading as well.

Noobinator

Default Upgrades

That's cool that you are thinking about replacing your speakers, cause I'm thinking about doing the same...especially, since I've on had my car for a little more than a month, and my passengers door speaker kinda sounds like it's cracked already (and no I haven't been listening to my music that loud either). Overall, I think that the sound quality of the speakers could be better.
    Besides speakers upgrades, I'm also going to paint my calipers red (which will look cool with my black car), Tint the windows, remove the annoying "Airbag Warning" stickers off the sunvisors, get HID headlights, and get a bug deflector for the hood to protect it from rock chips.

Noobinator

Default speakers blow

Yeah...I'm in for new speakers too. My wife drove the car today, and her exact words we're, " your speakers blow ". That just about caps it for me. Anyone have any upgrade suggestions ? ie; speakers brand, amplifier, sub etc.
    This weeks mpg...30.3mpg. Got the first oil change, let's see what mpg will be now.

Noobinator

Default Mpg

I have been shifting early (per a suggestion earlier in this forum thread, thanks screamin' demon) and I reset my "trip A" on my odometer to see the actual MPG. Now I am getting 29 MPG. It's awesome. Shifting early makes a huge difference. I'm driving like an old Granny, but I'm seeing much much better gas mileage. I have always been used to a heavy lead foot and shifting late.