Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

1999 subaru excessive fuel consumption?

Thread: 1999 subaru excessive fuel consumption?

High gear

Default 1999 subaru excessive fuel consumption?

The turbo went on my 99 VW Passat and I am now driving our third car, the 99 Forster. The car has gotten little use over the last year. I notice now that I have been using it day to day that it is going through more fuel than it had in the past. I know the cat is going (not plugged yet) due to the CEL code. Could this be it or is there something else I should be looking at? I have changed the air, fuel filter and plugs not so long ago. The car has 164 K on her. It does go through a little oil and probably is the cause for the cat going. I do plan on taking the cat off and taking out the innards for beter flow. So what should I be looking at?
    Thanks!

A cat code does not always mean that the cat is bad. Sometimes your o2 sensors will go bad and fool the computer into thinking the cat is bad. An o2 sensor that is not working properly will definately cause low fuel milage as well. I would start by checking you sensors for proper operation. You need a scan tool to do it though or take it to the dealer and have them check out the sensors for you. Could be the cat and could be the sensors.

Kris

whats with all the spamers/sellers all over this site? way off topic.

anyways, ive been wondering the same thing with my 99 impeza. is oil consumption a problem with these engines? I just put a semi reconditioned engine in my car and now its blowin bluish/white smoke out the ehxaust and lost a quart of oil in 250 miles. Its also throwin a cat efficency below threshold fault, and it seems to be runnin a little lean. im gettin a new cat put in today, and i remember puttin 2 new o2 sensors in it a while ago and it didnt help anything.

dogmann

Same problem with my 2000. O2 sensor went and sucked a lot of fuel. Fixed it and cured the problem. For some reason Forresters go through O2's quite often.

Noobinator

Well one common thing i have noticed is that all the 01 to 04 foresters, leak from the head gasket really really early and always seems to be from the passengers side too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Noobinator

Use any good mileage turbo for the loading works. its really good ideas.

Think ones.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.