Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
1995 legacy 2.2 queestion

Thread: 1995 legacy 2.2 queestion

Noobinator

Default 1995 legacy 2.2 queestion

what 2.2 motors will fit in this one,basically what year motors,was told only the 95 will fit.also this is non turbo automatic. had a chance to buy a 92 for $500,whereas a motor around here is $500.

Noobinator

Default 2.2 motors

I believe most of the engines will fit in the '95 - there is little or no difference in the engine bay compared the later BD/BG series. The RS & GT use the same chassis, and they both run the 2.0 litre twin turbo, then the later years (98-99 i think) have the 2.5L non-turbo. Basically, I think you could drop in what you like.

But as most will say, it's usually cheaper in the long run just to buy the car with the engine you want already in it!
    1995 Subaru Legacy GX AWD 2.2 Automatic
    Bristol, UK