Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
04 STI - Unidentified Noise - HELP!

Thread: 04 STI - Unidentified Noise - HELP!

Ooops9

Question 04 STI - Unidentified Noise - HELP!

have an 04 STI - has had a clunking/almost bumping noise since I got it (dealership is still trying to figure out what it is and is pretty much stumped- much to my aggravation - although if they keep up at replacing things the way they are im going to have a new car soon) occurs when making right hand turns in 1st & 2nd gear and more so on turns with a grade change.
    rear diff has been replaced. sway bar is fine. axel bolts all tight (checked on suggestion of a subie owner who had similar sound). My instinct says it may be the center diff but anyone who may have any suggestions or any experience with a similar problem ...some HELP..please.s - have also been told that the '04 are pretty prone to the struts going. ??

Scoob04

Driver-side rear strut is a known issue. If you ever get a clunk when you come to a stop on an uneven surface, there's a good chance that's what it is.