Hey guys I have a quick few questions. I just bought a 1998 Forester really like the car for what it is and what I paid for it. I have a couple of concerns.

1st the car just (within 500 miles) had the heads, gaskets, pulleys water pump replaced, with 170k on the block and everything else. Can I switch to synthetic oil or should I just stick with organic, I like synthetic but no biggie.

2nd I hate drum brakes for a couple of reasons, is there any reasonable way to switch the rear drums to disc brakes. I do not know much of Subaru's or how interchangeable there parts are.

A little about me since this is my first post ever. I am not new to cars I have owned an s14 with a SR motor in it, I just recently owned a Eclipse GSX that made about 420awhp self tuned. This is my first Subaru, although it is not a tuner car I am sure that I will love it. I have always had a DD then a track car, but now it is just going to be the Forester, because of school and relocation. I am sure that I will get back into the tuner scene and maybe my Forester will push me this way.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to getting to know the site.