Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

No fluid in brake lines

Thread: No fluid in brake lines

Noobinator

Default No fluid in brake lines

I just replaced the master cylinder on my 96 2.2 l sedan because it sounded (and felt) like it was going shot. I replaced it with a used one I found on ebay that was guarenteed to work out of a 95 legacy. I removed the old cylinder and placed the new one on (I did not bench bleed the cylinder, i was not aware this was prefered until after installation, however i read it is not NEEDED). After installation i began the standard process of bleeding the brake lines, but no matter how many times i pump i get no fluid in the lines and none leaving the cylinder at all. Any Ideas?

Noobinator

The problem arises when the fluid has absorbed as much water as it possibly can it becomes saturated and brake fluid should resides in a sealed, air-tight reservoir on top of the master cylinder. As the brake fluid level drops, air moves in to fill the void.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TSF Top Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Schuy69 View Post
    I just replaced the brake master cylinder on my 96 2.2 l sedan because it sounded (and felt) like it was going shot. I replaced it with a used one I found on ebay that was guarenteed to work out of a 95 legacy. I removed the old cylinder and placed the new one on (I did not bench bleed the cylinder, i was not aware this was prefered until after installation, however i read it is not NEEDED). After installation i began the standard process of bleeding the brake lines, but no matter how many times i pump i get no fluid in the lines and none leaving the cylinder at all. Any Ideas?
    I share the same sentiments with you, and I do believe there is a problem when the fluid has absorbed as much water as it normally can. As a result, the brake fluid level drops and air simply penetrates to fill the void. You may be needing a replacement of your brake master cylinder, or you can ask for advice from a mechanic or dealership.

Noobinator

Default WOAH thanks

I have the same problem Thanks so much for all your help guys!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Noobinator

Definitely go to a mechanic. I bet he will know what to do!

Suby Talker

Try this way, lose pipe fitting (front and rear) on B/Master cylinder and see fluid comes out or while braking (on pedal), repeat this proceeding few times and fluid comes out, then move to end of braking system( R/rear, L/rear R/front and L/front calipers for bleeding. I hope this one work for you.Usually,used brake parts will not work because, inside of parts(seal swollen and bore of cylinder rusted?) are contaminated.

Noobinator

if in doubt alwase wise to bleed them up, check your pads have plenty of meat on while ur down there.. it never does any harm to put new fluid through the lines.. will get rid of any air too