Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

oil leaks

Thread: oil leaks

Noobinator

Default oil leaks

Changing my spark plug wires the other day and found oil on the boots on the driver side but not on the passenger. Any ideas?

Noobinator

There are two types of oil spills, a seep and a leak. A leak is just that, a leak that causes a drip of oil when the vehicle is parked. A leak will produce a puddle of oil on the pavement, and continues to drip while the vehicle is driven. Just find out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Noobinator

Check under the car to where the oil filter is attached to the engine block. Check the filter for tightness. If it is loose, further tighten.
    Signature -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Noobinator

You understand that I am not talkin about a leak on the ground right? I am curious if the boots of the plug wires should be dry. My passenger side boots when removed were covered in oil not the drivers though. The reason why I ask is I do have a very slow leak from the head gasket and am hoping the forum knows about the boots. I am going to do the head gasket.

Noobinator

You have a leak in the valve cover gasket at the spark plug tube. Just like me. $400.00 dealer fix.

Suby Talker

Quote Originally Posted by pjpockets View Post
    You have a leak in the valve cover gasket at the spark plug tube. Just like me. $400.00 dealer fix.
    $400? You must have had other work done; valve cover gaskets and spark plug tube seals take about an hour to change. So add an hour of your dealers rate to the price of the parts.

An easy DIY repair, just get the valve cover gasket & seals. A 1/4 drive ratchet and a 10mm socket is all that's needed.