Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2.2 96 subaru legacy motor swap with a 2.5 turbo

Thread: 2.2 96 subaru legacy motor swap with a 2.5 turbo

Noobinator

Default 2.2 96 subaru legacy motor swap with a 2.5 turbo

am i going to need a diffrent trans/front axle/motor mounts or will it just bolt right up ? im just going to use the harness off the wrx motor im going to use

Noobinator

I'm doing the same thing to my 96, but i have the 2.5 N/A in mine already. so being that it was an option, it should bolt right up. are you going to do anything to the motor or just leave it stock? im planing on about a 700hp set up(2.8 stroker kit, forged internals, cnc ported heads, over sized valves, gt35r hybrid on a rotated mount, front mount intercooler, with hydronemisis programming).

Noobinator

mines has a 2.2 and a auto so its slower then death so im thinking stock with a few extra psi and a tune

Noobinator

i just want to get a wrx or sti wat ever i can find and just swap the drive traine and wirinng

Noobinator

i'm lucky enough o work for subaru, so i got mine from a 05 sti that blew his rod bearings, and heads off another blown motor out of a 09 forester xt.

Noobinator

this is what the engine bay will most likely look like when i am done. these are pictures of a limited edition sti that i work on at the dealership, he's pushing 500hp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sti 003.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	101   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sti 004.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	103   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sti 005.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	104