Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
2005 impresza slow to crank

Thread: 2005 impresza slow to crank

Noobinator

Default 2005 impresza slow to crank

My 2005 impreza always starts but is slow to turn over from what is was originally (bought it in 2006 with 13k miles) I replaced the battery and that helped some especially when its colder but it still does not not turn over as fast as it should. THis is my first subaru so any ideas?

Suby Talker

your starter contacts may be going or gone. take your starter off and if you feel like it you can take it apart. at the back of the starter you will see usually two contacts touch the armature these wear out and the starter acts just like a dead battery. long time ago you could buy just the contacts and replace them but now you just usually have to bite the bullet and buy a new, or rebuilt starter or have yours rebuilt

thanks
    Eric
    AMS
    5-axis cnc cylinder head porter
    master machinist/engine builder
    1-800-210-8675