Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

96 legacy need help wont shift

Thread: 96 legacy need help wont shift

RYANCrotty

Default 96 legacy need help wont shift

I am new to subarus but not forums, i believe there is a great deal of knowledge to be gained from the community so thanks in advance, my girlfriend has a 96 legacy and it wont shit out of park...you can let it warm up for about 20 min and then fiddle with it for a while and it will eventually go in to gear. i tried searching and all i came up with is check some fuses that deal with the brakes. it just seems like it is locked out ... thanks again any help would be great

Noobinator

Ive got a 97 outback and i had a problem resently where it would not shift orut of 2nd or third...turned out to need a tranny flush.

Not sure if this helps but I thought i needed a new tranny...instead it was a $100 tranny clean and flush...

Good luck.

ahhh same thing was happening to me for a while... look down at your shifter. take off the plastic whether its woodgrain or w/e take that off than look towards the top where the plastic was there will be a small hole (round) stick a pen or something small like that town there and it will allow it to unlock. its the reset for the tranny shifter. hope this helps