Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Clutch legacy 2.2 92.

Thread: Clutch legacy 2.2 92.

Noobinator

Default Clutch legacy 2.2 92.

Hi, I have some problems with my clutch on my Subaru Legacy 2.2gx 1992.
    It's getting loose, and I wonder if it's possible to tighten(in lack of a better word) it?
    My English is not too good, but I hope you understood my problem, and hopefully you can answer it.
    Haakon

Noobinator

It would be really helpful with just a yes or no. If you do know, please answer me. I'm so tired of not having a functionable car...

It's hard to truthfully say yes or no with out feeling what your explaining, it could be the clutch getting worn out and needing replaced because there is no more friction material there to take up the space or it could be some thing as easy as bleeding your clutch fluid(which is only brake fluid) because brake fluid if exposed to air to long can absorb moisture and cause a spongy pedal. Hope this helps, Tyrell.

I am not familiar with that exact type of manual scooby (I'm more of an older VW man but I love my subies too) it may be cable operated but I'm sure subaru went to fluid operated by '92.

Noobinator

Well, it happened over 3-4 days of drifting in the snow. I could smell the clutch really bad. And if I try to drift now, the rpm goes up, but it dont affect the wheels. So the wheels dont get any power, but the motor can go up too so much rpm i want too. Did that help?

Suby Talker

Default It helped

Your clutch is worn out and needs to be replaced.

Noobinator

Ok, tthat sucks
    But thanks anyway