Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

riddle me this....

Thread: riddle me this....

Noobinator

Default riddle me this....

98 Legacy 2.2L 115,000 miles, dipstick will read dry-no oil at all, put in half a quart, then full... hmmmm??.. whats the deal??? I had a 95 Legacy 2.2L do the exact same thing. Engine runs extremely quiet,smooth, no knocks. This has been bugging me for a long time. Any advice or the answer to this riddle work be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Noobinator

Cool

When you add oil The dipstick should unsealed then check after the oil has fully drained into the pan.
    Did I win the riddle?
    Strut

my '98 2.5 does the same thing sometimes... a quickie-lube type guy told me he sees it with a lot of subarus; when the dipstick shows dry, ( but you suspect it isn't out of oil ) remove the oil filler cap and pat your palm a few times over the opening. check the dipstick and it might show a proper level. not sure why, but it works with mine