Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Curious Questions

Thread: Curious Questions

ParNT

Default Curious Questions

Hello all, I'm a Mechanical Engineer and avid Subaru fan. Though "only" 23, I've owned an '87 coupe (not an XT), an '85 Brat, a '96 Impreza Brighton coupe, a gorgeous '97 Legacy 2.5GT sedan, and will probably get an '08/'09 Legacy 2.5GT SpecB in and around September. I have a few questions I'd love to have answered as I have heard many rumors about the future of Subaru. I'm looking forward to responses...

1- I've heard sales of current-gen Impreza/WRX are down significantly (some say 33%) and many people are buying the previous gen instead. As a result, they are fast-tracking a "less fugly" upgrade or replacement to the current one. True, or False? Explain please.

2- Is a new Legacy really on hold so that they can "correct" the Impreza/WRX line first?

3- What is the real reason behind all the new Subaru designs (Impreza/WRX, Forrester, and Tribeca) having the full-framed doors. I have heard it's for NVH, for sound deadening, and/or for upgraded safety and structural mandates. Or, is it simply Toyota screwing with a good thing and turning spunk into appliance? Are any of these explanations near the truth?

4- It's old news now, but is anyone worried/upset at Toyota taking over and potentially stripping Subaru of its uniqueness. Specifically, the frameless doors and spunky suspension calibrations?

Sorry for the length of my first post. I'm eager to hear thoughts.

merogul

Default An answer to the first question

Hi ParNT,
    IMHO, new Subaru cars are not as good as the old ones. I have searched on the Internet and people in Turkey are selling their new Subaru cars. I have a 2007 Subaru Impreza and it is giving me a lot of headache in winter. I wish I had found and bought an old Subaru. I am tired of the cold start problem of my new car. The dealer cannot fix it. I sued the company in Turkey to get my money back.